Today, almost everyone uses Facebook either on the computer, on their phones and many other gadgets that enable access to social media. Facebook, having introduced Facebook live, now many people are broadcasting their videos on Facebook using their phones. Facebook live can be accessed and it is very convenient to use on your android or IOS smartphone.
Having Facebook live on your smartphone is one great adventure that enables you to broadcast video live from your device. This experience on social media is quite interesting and easy to use. Today, I will take you through the steps of enabling Facebook live on your android or IOS device but first, I will share with you what Facebook live means and the tips to prepare for this live stream.
What is Facebook live and How do I Go Live on Facebook?
Facebook live is simply that application that enables you to live stream on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or even laptops. Facebook live was first introduced to Android devices in February 2016 and today, Facebook has new updates that bring a number of new features to the Facebook live section on any of your devices.
Related Link Your Expert Guide For Using Facebook Live
How To Get Ready For a Go Live on Facebook
- Internet connection. First of all, make sure that you have an internet connection on your device. This is because you would not want to go through a poor quality stream that keeps cutting off due to poor internet connection. Make sure that your internet is stable.
- Limit time (30 minutes). You ought to know that the maximum time limit for a Facebook live video is 30 minutes. Having this at the back of your mind will help you time yourself and have a good Facebook live stream on your device.
Steps To Go Live on Facebook With Your Device
You have an android smartphone, an IOS device, name it. You can’t afford to miss out on Facebook live. Here are the steps follow so as to enable this feature (Facebook live) on your device.
- Step one is to log in to Facebook using your device tap on what’s on your mind part which is at the top of your news-feed.
- After this, on the bottom right-hand side of the status, a new button should appear on the bottom depicting a person icon with waves signal around the head. When it appears, tap it to set up a Facebook live video broadcast on your device.
- When all that is set, select your privacy options (of course you may be having choices of the people to want to view your broadcast). With this, you ought to give a brief description of your live video to entice your friends to watch but of course this is optional, so you can even ignore it.
- Once this is set and you are comfortable with all, tap ‘Go Live’. On your screen, a 3 second countdown will appear just to prepare you and then your Facebook live video will begin.
- When you are done with your Facebook live video, tap Finish. The Finish option will be clear on the screen of your device.
- Upon finishing, your Facebook video broadcast will then be uploaded to your Facebook profile for others (that weren’t online at the time) to watch. On your device, you will receive a message notifying you about how long your Facebook live video broadcast was. This message will come with an option of being deleted, therefor if you do not want it on your profile, then you tap on delete and it will be removed.
However, i would like to point out that NOT all smartphone devices specially Android (Samsung) support this feature. We tested some of them and found out that. Like on the Samsung Galaxy xCover 2 of Android Version 4.1.2, it wouldn’t support the Go Live feature.
How to Utilize Facebook Live and Make it More Fun On
- Make a choice of who can see your Facebook live broadcast. This will help you get a way to reach your Facebook live video to specific people who may be interested in your video rather than bothering the rest of your Facebook friends. Always remember that not everyone will be interested in your video.
- Get your Facebook friends to follow you. Every time you go live, every one that you choose to view your video will be presented with a follow option under your stream. You should prompt your viewers to tap follow and this notification will always appear to them every time you go live. This will push them to engage in your Facebook live broadcasts with views and comments.