Guide: How To Cancel Recurring Payments PayPal
In this guide on how to cancel recurring payments paypal, i am to share with you on how In the world today, everyone knows that purchase of goods has moved from being physical exchange (where people used to physically visit market places to purchase goods) to online shopping and purchase of goods (ecommerce). Similarly we now have big online market places that are the grounds for these transactions. These markets include, Amazon, eBay, Asos, Etsy, Walmart, Shopify, Squarespace and many others.
PayPal is the world’s most popular ‘mediator’ service for online purchasing, other online purchasing services include, Amazon payments, Google checkout, WePay and many others. Since its commencement in 1998, PayPal has become such a convenient and trusted way to transfer money online. According to Lifewire.com, over 45% of eBay’s purchases go through PayPal. And that an estimated $7000 gets transacted every second of every day via PayPal.
Aritcle Table Of Contents
- 1 Types of PayPal Accounts
- 1.0.1 PayPal Personal Account
- 1.0.2 PayPal Business Account
- 1.0.3 PayPal Requirements
- 1.0.4 What Can You Use PayPal For?
- 1.0.5 What Are Recurring Payments?
- 1.0.6 How Do I Cancel Recurring Payments PayPal?
- 1.0.7 How To Cancel A Recurring Payment Paypal As A Merchant
- 1.0.8 How To Connect To PayPal Customer Service
How PayPal Works
- PayPal is widely used, very convenient as all you need to know is the person’s email address. PayPal therefore conceals banking and credit card information from the other party. PayPal is ideal for purchasing goods from strangers, and for transferring money to other private individuals.
- PayPal acts as the middleman holder of money through its policies, practices, and business integrity, which has always earned it the trust of both parties. PayPal implements guarantees so that both buyers and sellers have assurances that their money or goods can be recovered should the transaction turn sour.
Types of PayPal Accounts
PayPal Personal Account
This is the basic PayPal account and you can use it to send and receive money. You can send funds to anyone with an email address in 55 countries and regions. There is no fee for either the Personal account or the transactions you make through it and it will even let you accept payments should you sell something via eBay.
However, with this PayPal personal account, you can only accept payments from other PayPal accounts, and you cannot accept credit or debit card payments. In addition to this, there is, a limit on how much you can receive per month. If you plan to sell a high volume of products, the Personal account might be too restrictive.
PayPal Business Account
With the PayPal business account, it is best suited to individuals running a large scale online business or online store. PayPal allows you to operate under your business name and it is the best choice if you expect complex Accounts Payable. There is broad functionality for the business owners that helps them to manage very large amounts of sales with ease.
With PayPal, all you need is a valid email address, a valid credit/debit card or bank account. Precisely because it is so easy to use, PayPal is the favorite of millions of pro and amateur sellers and buyers around the world on most sites like eBay and Amazon.
What Can You Use PayPal For?
- One-time Purchases Online
If you notice a very nice book on Amazon and you can’t settle until you read it, PayPal is a good alternative to using your credit card, as you can keep your card information from being circulated online.
- Continuing Subscriptions Online
Let’s say you have subscribed to a service that requires monthly payments, then PayPal is a good choice. You can even set PayPal to withdraw directly from your bank account instead of your credit card.
- Sending Money to Friends or Family
Many times in our lives we find need to send money to a family member, a friend and many others. PayPal is good at these transactions and can have zero surcharges.
Basic PayPal accounts are free, and many financial transactions are free as well, including all purchases from merchants that accept payments using PayPal.
If you have a PayPal account, you can add and withdraw funds in many different ways. You can associate your account with bank accounts or credit cards for more direct transactions, including adding and withdrawing money. Other withdrawal options include using a PayPal debit card to make purchases or get cash from an ATM, or requesting a check in the mail.
What Are Recurring Payments?
Recurring Payments can also be called Auto Pay, and they can be defined as automatic payments where you authorize paypal to collect the total charges from your credit card or bank account every month. This amount is deducted on the due date of every billing cycle, so that you never have to worry about late fees.
How Do I Cancel Recurring Payments PayPal?
- Log in to your PayPal account
The first step in this process is to log into your PayPal account to be able to access the settings.
- Click on my profile for more options.
Next you’ll have to go to your profile which will give you more options.
- Go to my money
When you click on the money option, you’ll find many options include the pre-approved payments.
- Click on my pre-approved payments.
Clicking on my pre-approved payments, you’ll be able to come to an option of update
- Locate the merchant whose recurring payment you want to terminate.
When you find the merchant whose recurring payment you want to terminate, you will be given an option to confirm your attempt to terminate the recurring payment or to keep the payment. You may need to modify the time frame or select View All from the drop-down list to find the merchant.
- Click details and cancel the recurring payment
When you click on the details, usually the cancel button is found on the name of the merchant. This selection cancels the recurring payment.
How To Cancel A Recurring Payment Paypal As A Merchant
As a merchant you may want to cancel an ongoing payment. Here are the steps to cancel a recurring account.
- Log into your PayPal account
This is the first step in the process.
- Go to my account and select overview
From the first step, into your account you have to select overview to be able to find the options.
- Scroll down to tools and select recurring payments.
From the overview, you will scroll down to tools and then select the recurring payments option.
- Under Activity, find the recurring payment profile you want to terminate.
You may need to modify the time frame or select All Activity from the drop-down list to find the profile.
- Click details and cancel the recurring payments
When you click on the details, you will an option of canceling the recurring payments. Here you’ll be able to cancel the payment.
With PayPal recurring payments, canceling them means that you have to approve the cancellation from your account whether as a customer or as a merchant. It is very easy for you to cancel a payment that you no longer need to take charge of. However, there are cases where you need to connect to PayPal customer service.
How To Connect To PayPal Customer Service
- With PayPal customer service, you can call by clicking Call customer support near the top of the page in the PayPal Help Center. However, if you want to email the customer care service, you can click Email customer support.
- Also, when you click on ‘Call customer support’ and log in to your PayPal account you will be provided with a number and a one-time passcode that expires after an hour. The passcode is to help the PayPal customer service to confirm your identity.
- However, you can also call as a PayPal guest if you don’t have a PayPal account or when you are locked out of it.
Canceling payments with PayPal especially PayPal recurring payments should never be difficult for anyone. Since a PayPal account is available with the required options that help you succeed in canceling your recurring payment. Following the steps I have discussed will make it easy for you to cancel recurring payments PayPal from a merchant. Even as a merchant, following the mentioned steps will ease the work for you when you think of canceling a PayPal recurring payment.