How to Transfer Photos and Videos from Facebook to Google Photos
Recently, Facebook introduced a couple of long-awaited features. While one is the ability to bulk delete posts, the other is the option to transfer photos and videos from Facebook to Google Photos. As someone who has been using Facebook for almost a decade, I must say that it’s a much-needed feature. Many a time I had felt the need to move my uploaded images and clips from Facebook to other cloud services like Google Photos for better management. But there wasn’t a straightforward way to do that. If you are a Facebook user, you may have gone through that feeling as well. If yes, now is the time to learn how you can move your media from Facebook to Google’s popular photo sharing and storage service.
Aritcle Table Of Contents
Transfer Photos and Videos from Facebook to Google Photos
So, what’s the requirement? Well, Facebook’s newly introduced media transfer tool works on the web only. So, you will need to use your computer to go through the steps. Just in case you want the social networking service to support other major cloud services as well, let me tell you that the company has confirmed that it will soon add the support for more cloud services. With that said, it’s time to get going!
1. Open a web browser, head over to facebook.com, and login with your account. After that, click on the down arrow at the top right corner.
2. Now, choose Settings in the menu.
3. Next, click on Your Facebook Information.
4. Next up, click on Transfer a copy of your photos and videos.
5. Up next, enter your Facebook password when prompted to do so.
6. Now, click on Choose Destination and select Google Photos in the drop-down menu.
7. Next, choose whether you want to transfer a copy of photos or videos uploaded on Facebook and click on Next.
8. Next up, you need to sign in to Google Photos.
9. After that, grant Facebook permission to add media to Google Photos. Click on Allow in the popup to confirm.
Once the transfer has been finished, you get an email from Facebook confirming that the process is complete.
Move Photos and Videos from Facebook to Google Photos
So, that’s the quick way you can move your media from Facebook to Google’s photo-sharing and storage service. If this is what was keeping you beholden to Facebook despite its privacy problems, now you can delete your Facebook account and leave it for good. So, are you going to move your photos and videos from Facebook to Google Photos? Let us know in the comments below.