New Samsung Galaxy Watch rumored to have a rotating bezel
Update: June 2, 2020 at 4:47 p.m. ET: According to the folks at SamMobile, Samsung’s new Galaxy Watch will likely come with a rotating bezel. No other details were mentioned in the leak, but this news should make fans of the original Galaxy Watch happy.
Samsung pioneered an innovative way of navigating around a smartwatch interface using a rotatable bezel on the first Galaxy Watch. Samsung then removed the feature entirely on the Galaxy Watch Active, only to introduce a touch-sensitive bezel on the Galaxy Watch Active 2. However, the physical rotating bezel on the original Watch was by far the best implementation.
Original article: May 28, 2020 at 3 p.m. ET: It looks like we could see a couple of new Samsung Galaxy Watches hit the market soon, as an FCC listing just popped up featuring two different models.
The two listings (h/t Droid Life) do not reveal an overwhelming amount of information about the upcoming wearables, as it’s focused around the connectivity of watches. However, it does let us know that the two watches will have the model numbers SM-R845 and SM-R855.
Also in the listing is the fact that both of these models will feature both LTE, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity. Based on that, there could also be additional models without the LTE connectivity that didn’t go through the certification process just yet.
The certification report contained an image of the back of the device, and it revealed some key specs of the Samsung Galaxy Watch SM-R845U model. It will feature a 45mm design, Gorilla Glass DX, 5ATM water resistance, military standard durability, and GPS.
The SM-R855 didn’t get the same level of detail in the report, but based on typical Samsung naming conventions, we can assume that this will be the smaller version of the new smart timepiece.
As far as a timeframe for an official announcement, the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 appeared on the FCC website four days before it was announced by the company. If this one follows that same schedule, we could hear more by the end of May.
Aritcle Table Of Contents
- 1 More posts about Smartwatches
- 1.1 Best Fitbit trackers and smartwatches (June 2020)
- 1.2 The best Fossil smartwatches: Fossil Gen 5, Hybrid HR, and more
- 1.3 Huawei Watch GT 2e review: For the casual athlete
- 1.4 Fitbit issues statement on bricked Ionic watches after recent update
- 1.5 Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review: Solid smartwatch, inaccurate fitness watch
- 1.6 The Fossil Gen 5 Smartwatch is the best Wear OS watch you can buy
- 1.7 Best smartwatch deals: Save $150 on the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro and more
- 1.8 Patent points to Pixel Watch with innovative gesture controls
- 1.9 Amazfit Ares is Huami’s new sub-$100 smartwatch to beat
- 1.10 Garmin Vivoactive 4 review: All-around great
More posts about Smartwatches
Best Fitbit trackers and smartwatches (June 2020)
The best Fossil smartwatches: Fossil Gen 5, Hybrid HR, and more
Huawei Watch GT 2e review: For the casual athlete
Fitbit issues statement on bricked Ionic watches after recent update
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review: Solid smartwatch, inaccurate fitness watch
The Fossil Gen 5 Smartwatch is the best Wear OS watch you can buy
Best smartwatch deals: Save $150 on the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro and more
Patent points to Pixel Watch with innovative gesture controls
Amazfit Ares is Huami’s new sub-$100 smartwatch to beat
Garmin Vivoactive 4 review: All-around great