Nintendo Switch firmware version 9.0 adds support for the Home button’s LED light
The latest Switch firmware update finally provides a use for that LED ring around the Home Button.
Well, it will make use of it eventually, through Alarms which can be set up via different applications.
According to the notes, users will be able to check or delete pre-set alarms when set up through supported software applications. These will be added at “another time,” so we’re unsure what these could be.
Elsewhere, the notes mention the addition of Online Play invites along with the ability to filter searches. An issue with being unable to start Fire Emblem: Three Houses game was also addressed.
Full firmware notes are below.
Switch Firmware Version 9.0
Added a search feature for the News Channel
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings
- You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications
- You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
- Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
- A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings
- Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only)
- When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User’s page
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.
The post Nintendo Switch firmware version 9.0 adds support for the Home button’s LED light appeared first on VG247.