No surprises here: OnePlus Nord will have an OLED screen
- The OnePlus Nord will offer an OLED screen, the brand revealed on social media.
- This would continue the trend of OLED adoption that started with the OnePlus X.
- OnePlus previously said that all future phones would offer a 90Hz display at the very least.
The OnePlus Nord is scheduled for release soon, and the firm has now revealed that this device will continue the tradition of delivering OLED panels.
OnePlus phones have offered OLED screens since 2015’s OnePlus X, offering deep blacks and lower power consumption in some scenarios. So it’s not exactly a surprise to see that the upcoming phone will offer the screen tech too.
OLED screens also enable the use of in-display fingerprint sensors, and we haven’t seen a physical fingerprint scanner on any of the images teased by OnePlus thus far. Therefore it’s reasonable to assume that the OnePlus Nord will have in-display authentication as well.
OnePlus hasn’t issued other screen details for the upcoming device, but the firm stated last year that all future phones would offer a 90Hz refresh rate at the very least. So we’re expecting a 90Hz refresh rate on the phone too. A teased image also points to a dual-selfie camera setup in a pill-shaped cutout.
The Chinese brand previously confirmed a Snapdragon 765G chipset and optical image stabilization on the main camera. Meanwhile, leaks point to a 48MP quad camera setup and a 32MP+8MP selfie setup. You can check out more OnePlus Nord rumors at the previous link, and more OnePlus coverage below.
- This is why the OnePlus Nord isn’t coming to the US
- The OnePlus Nord could be a fan favorite, but it isn’t made for fans
- Is the Nord really a ‘New Beginning’ for OnePlus? It doesn’t seem that way.
- We asked, you told us: The OnePlus Nord will be a worthy successor to OnePlus X