These Huawei and Honor phones could get EMUI 11 later this year
- Huawei’s EMUI 11 update will hit some devices in Q3 2020.
- A number of devices from Huawei and Honor’s range are tipped to get the update.
According to an image posted to the Club Huawei forums (h/t Piunikaweb), a number of Huawei, Honor, and tablet devices will receive the EMUI 11 update later this year.
Of the devices listed, only the Huawei P40 series, MatePad tablet, and Honor 9X Pro debuted in 2020.
The Huawei Mate X foldable is also included, as well as the entire Mate 30 range, and the nearly two-year-old Mate 20X and Mate 20 Pro. Huawei’s P30 and P30 Pro flagships, which are still worth their salt, are also included.
The Huawei Nova 5T, Nova 5 Z, and Nova 5i Pro also make the cut. The Honor V30 series, Honor V20 series, the Honor 20S, and Honor 20 Youth Edition could receive their own updates too. Finally, you might also be in luck if you own a MediaPad M6.
Aritcle Table Of Contents
- 1 Missing devices on the EMUI 11 list?
- 1.1 More posts about Huawei
- 1.1.1 This could be Huawei’s answer to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- 1.1.2 Huawei starts selling PCs with with its own chip in China
- 1.1.3 How long do chipmakers support their processors for Android updates?
- 1.1.4 When should you expect to receive the Android 10 update? (Updated July 3)
- 1.1.5 Huawei and ZTE are officially risks to national security, says FCC
- 1.1.6 Huawei Mate 30 Pro review: The forbidden fruit
- 1.1.7 Speed Test G: Huawei P40 vs Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus (Exynos version)
- 1.1.8 The best power banks for Huawei devices
- 1.1.9 Huawei P30 Pro review: A phone with superpowers
- 1.1.10 Huawei P30 Pro one year later: Is it still worth buying?
- 1.1 More posts about Huawei
Missing devices on the EMUI 11 list?
There are some notable omissions though. No mention of 2020’s other launch devices — the Huawei Nova 7i and P40 Lite — can be found. The company’s new foldable, the Mate XS, is also left off the list.
This list has not been confirmed by Huawei so the final list could add the aforementioned devices. That said, it does list similar devices to those included in Huawei’s EMUI 10.1 update list announced in March.
See also: The Huawei controversy timeline | Huawei and the Trump debacle
It also wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine that key flagships launched within the past 12 months will receive the major update. Huawei Central believes more than 50 devices across Huawei’s portfolio could receive the EMUI 11 update.
EMUI 11 was confirmed by Huawei to roll out in Q3 2020. It will be the company’s second major operating system revision since the Huawei ban barring it from using products and services from US firms. This includes Google and its background apps and services.
Which devices would you like to receive the EMUI 11 update? Let us know in the comments below.
More posts about Huawei
This could be Huawei’s answer to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
Huawei starts selling PCs with with its own chip in China
How long do chipmakers support their processors for Android updates?
When should you expect to receive the Android 10 update? (Updated July 3)
Huawei and ZTE are officially risks to national security, says FCC
Huawei Mate 30 Pro review: The forbidden fruit
Speed Test G: Huawei P40 vs Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus (Exynos version)
The best power banks for Huawei devices
Huawei P30 Pro review: A phone with superpowers
Huawei P30 Pro one year later: Is it still worth buying?