This week in Android: Android 11 Beta released, Note 10 Plus giveaway
Android 11 Beta landed this week.
If you typically get excited for the latest release of an Android OS, it’s time to get ready for some fun. After a few releases of a developer preview, Google has launched Android 11 Beta 1. There are a few new features to look forward to, and a few bugs that may prevent you from installing today, but Pixel users can take the plunge.
Based on our polling, it seems that very few have installed the OS so far. There are some fun features, but most are reporting enough bugs and bad battery life that we’d have you think twice before installing Android 11 Beta 1 on your daily driver. It’s totally worth putting it on a secondary phone to play around with, though.
Check it out: Hands-on overview of Android 11 Beta 1.
Aritcle Table Of Contents
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Process this! — Snapdragon 765G vs Snapdragon 865: How might the Pixel 5 stack up?
- Time for a new flagship killer? — Who is the next OnePlus?
- “PC” gaming — 15 best Android emulators for PC and Mac of 2020
- Family movie night, again — Disney Plus: The master list of movies and TV shows right now (Updated June 1)
- Take a shot — OnePlus 8 Pro hits DxOMark, beats iPhones, Galaxy S20 Plus
- Still? For real?!? — It’s 2020 and USB-C is still a mess
- Bigger display — Xiaomi Mi Band 5 launches in China, but a global launch is coming soon
- With great power… — You can block YouTube ads by adding one symbol to the URL
- Thanks, but… — We’re not buying Sony’s explanation for bringing the headphone jack back
- Budget, camera, and more — The best OnePlus phones in different categories
- Apps and more apps in our Android Apps Weekly — Photoshop Camera, Talking Tom, and more apps hit the market this week.
From around the network
- Need a mini drone with a camera? – from Drone Rush
- What is an audio interface? – from SoundGuys
- What kind of microphone do I need? – from SoundGuys
Deals of the week:
- Our pick for device deal of the week: $300 off Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus
- Our AA TechDeals deal of the week: Unity game development bundle for $25
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus international giveaway
This week, we’re giving away a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus smartphone. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win! Courtesy of the Android Authority newsletter.
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.