Xiaomi could have a phone with 120W charging next month
- A Xiaomi phone with 120W charging appears to have been certified.
- The phone sports 5G and was previously rumored for an August launch.
- This would mean Xiaomi joins Oppo, Realme, and others in offering 120W charging.
We’ve seen loads of news regarding 120W and 125W charging solutions in the past few days, as Oppo, Realme, and Vivo’s Iqoo all confirm their use of the tech.
It looks like Xiaomi may have joined the party as well, as frequent tipster Digital Chat Station spotted a 5G phone with 120W charging on China’s 3C certification website.
Xiaomi’s new flagship network access 3C certification, confirmed to be equipped with MDY-12-ED fast charge head, support 20V 6A up to 120W fast charge. Focus on planning, currently the only one hundred watt fast charging mobile phone that has been announced [Eating Melon]
— Digital Chat Station (@StationChat) July 15, 2020
A screenshot reveals a model number of M2007J1SC, while the leaker also claims that it’s a flagship phone. This wouldn’t be the first time this model number surfaced online, as Digital Chat Station previously claimed that a phone with this model number would launch in August.
In any event, it looks like we can add Xiaomi to the list of manufacturers offering 120W or higher charging in the second half of 2020. Here’s hoping these brands offer support for fast USB-PD charging via these solutions too.
Looking for the latest in mobile tech? We’ve got you covered with a few highlighted articles below.
- The best Android phones (July 2020)
- Are there any truly bad Android skins out there today?
- Lithium-ion vs lithium-polymer: What’s the difference?
- The Poco F2 Pro shows how macro cameras should be done
- Realme X3 Superzoom review: Come for the cameras, stay for the rest